Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chicken Taco Salad

I absolutely love Chicken Taco Salad. In fact I don't usually make regular taco salad... I typically use chicken. It is one of my favorite chicken recipes and one of my favorite salad recipes as well. I love the Mexican flavors this salad combines. It is like a party on my palate. I use my home made taco seasoning to season the chicken - less expensive and I know exactly what goes into it! Next time I make this, I want to try grilling the chicken - just thinking about the grilled flavor in this salad makes me happy.
 Chicken Taco Salad
 First you'll need cut up chicken, sprinkled with Taco Seasoning. I've found using smoked paprika instead of regular paprika makes a huge difference!
 You'll also need a tortilla bowl - unless you just want to use tortilla chips.
 These I baked in pot pie pans, and it worked perfectly. (Simply spray each side with cook spray, bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Be sure to put the foil in the middle to help it keep shape.)
 Prepare other salad ingredients - we used: mozzarella cheese, red onion, cucumber slices, chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, my salsa-sour cream salad dressing (half salsa, half sour cream mixed together.)
and of course lettuce. 
Add salad to tortilla bowls, top with dressing.
Enjoy!
Print Recipe 

2 comments:

  1. this looks fabulous lovely site first time here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful looking salad, and I absolutely love taco bowls. A restaurant near me serves some salads in taco bowls (they're not so common in France to be honest) and it's such a great concept although they have funky-tasting pre-made ones. Would be much more tasty to make your own from soft tacos I think.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.