Thursday, March 31, 2011

Meatball Subs

I have to admit that when I first heard of Meatball subs (probably at Subway), I was not interested at all! I went there with my mom once and she absolutely loved them, and I started to open to the idea. However the idea of meatballs sitting out all afternoon waiting to be made into a sub - ew. I have still never had a Subway Meatball sandwich. I have made them a few times however and I absolutely love these. I am now an advocate for Meatball Subs. We typically have these the day after we have spaghetti and meatballs now, it is a perfect use for leftover sauce and meatballs.

Meatball Subs
First, you'll need to make some meatballs, My recipe is found here.
 You'll also need some spaghetti sauce. Recipe also above.
Place the meatballs in the sauce and let simmer until it is reduced. The sauce should be thicker than typical spaghetti sauce.
Place the meatballs on a bun (I prefer toasted bread for these) and top with cheese. I suggest provolone, Mozzarella and/or Parmesan.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! We like meatball subs, too, but I haven't made them for a while.

    BTW, your guest post went online today. Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meatball subs look wonderful! My husband and oldest son would absolutely love these sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.