Thursday, March 10, 2011

Feta Cheese & Tomato Open Omelet

I got some cookbooks about a month ago, I know I didn't really NEED more, but they were on sale and I got some good new recipes to add to my collection. Shortly after I got them, I read through a couple of them and made a list of recipes I wanted to try and this one made it on that list and then to my menu. I am trying to vary the proteins we eat at dinners and I love eggs (as I mentioned last week.) If you don't have fresh herbs, you can use dried, although I do have to sing the praises of fresh herbs, they make things taste so much better!

Feta Cheese & Tomato Open Omelet

Taken from: Easy One-Pot: Frugal Recipes for Busy Cooks
In a medium bowl, mix together 5 eggs, 2 Tbsp freshly finely chopped basil, 1 Tbsp freshly finely chopped mint, 3 green onions, chopped. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper.
Heat 2 Tbsp Olive Oil in a pan.
Cook over medium heat for 5-8 minutes, drawing mixture from the sides to the center.
Top with 1 cup feta cheese (4 oz) and tomato halves, cut side up. Cook for 2 more minutes, then place under a preheated broiler and cook until light golden brown.

Serve warm. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks incredible! I bet this would make a great meal any time of the day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.