Thursday, November 11, 2010

Herb Burgers

I've made these burgers a few times before... the funny thing - I always consult a recipe in my cookbook that I've written adjustments in the sidelines of the recipe and taken out ingredients... but yet for some reason every time I make it I turn to the same recipe and use my handwritten changes to make the burgers. I am glad this won because now I'll have the recipe all written out and not have to go to some half changed recipe to remember how I make them. For those of you really interested - I use the Garden Burgers recipe in the BHG 11th edition. You can pull it out if you have it and compare how similar/different this is than theirs... or not. My question is - do any of you look up your changed version of recipes in a cookbook? I'm curious if it's just me or not.
Herb Burgers
 In a bowl combine, 1 lb lean ground beef, 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs (I use Italian Seasoned, but plain would be fine), 1/2 tsp dried basil, 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
 Also 1 tablespoon Katsup (or barbecue sauce),
 and 1 egg. Mix until combined, form into patties. For a better tutorial on how to make patties, click here.
 Cook over medium to medium-high heat until cooked through.
I serve these over rice with a pan gravy (I added beef broth to the pan I cooked the burgers in and then added some water with dissolved corn starch and a bit of beef bouillon). To add a little more flavor I cooked the rice in beef broth.  You could also serve them as a traditional burger.
 Enjoy!

Print Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.