Thursday, February 3, 2011

Poppyseed Chicken, Lettuce and Pasta Salad

A few months ago, I wrote about a lunch I had at my friends house. She ended up making this dish for lunch. I knew I wanted to try making it myself. I finally made it in January... only three months later. It turned out wonderful. I made my own poppyseed dressing, which I'll be sharing at the end (I don't have any pictures, but it's pretty easy to make.)

 Poppyseed Chicken, Lettuce and Pasta Salad
First, you'll need six cups lettuce, torn into pieces.
12 ounces canned chicken or 3 cups shredded chicken.
2 cans mandarin oranges, drained.
You'll also need 4-5 cups of cooked pasta, cooled. You can rinse it... but it will reduce the ability of the dressing to stick to the pasta. I usually rinse half of it to cool it off.
Place all ingredients in a bowl.
Add poppyseed dressing and toss to coat.   For poppyseed dressing: Whisk all the following ingredients together in a bowl: 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, 1/4 cup milk, 1/3 cup white sugar, 1/3 cup plain yogurt, 2 Tbsp Mayo, and 1 tablespoons white vinegar. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so delicious Crystal! It's hearty and filling. There's something about poppy seeds I just love.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.