Thursday, April 7, 2011

Macho Nachos

When I was a teenager I played on our Church's basketball team. We would play a few of the other local congregations - it was all girls on each team. Our team pretty much just had fun... we were not in it to win it. Basically because we didn't have enough height/talent to be able to win some of the other teams (plus some games we only  had 5 players so we were pretty exhausted by the end). I'm glad we had fun though! One tradition we all loved was going to get Macho Nachos after each game - win or lose our leaders would pay for one or two to share between all the players. We all had a great time. Luckily they are pretty easy to make and my husband LOVES them. When I'm at my parent's we tend to have these for New Year's Eve which is a great tradition.

Macho Nachos

 First, you'll need some hamburger, browned (I cook 1 pound of hamburger with 1/2 to 1 cup chopped onion) and add Taco Seasoning.
 Prepare all toppings as well - We usually use lettuce (in this case it was spinach), chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, guacamole, and shredded cheese. Not pictured but used sometimes are refried beans, and sour cream.
 Melt shredded cheese onto tortilla chips (either under broiler or in microwave) - you can omit this step, but it does make it better. Then top with desired toppings.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love nachos and new ways to prepare them! Definitely going to be saving this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.