I have a confession to make... I like to buy things that I don't always use. I bought some tuna a while back, thinking I would use it. It's sat in the cabinet for 6-8 months (not a long time really considering...) The other day I decided to try something different with it. I do not buy mayo/miracle whip (I'm also not getting into an argument about which is better, but I cast my vote for Mayo. The reason I like mayo better has a long story behind it) simply because Hubby doesn't like it and I don't use enough on my own to justify the expense. I also do not feel healthy when I eat Mayo... but that might go back to the story behind why I don't like Miracle Whip.
So not having Mayo in my house I decided to try a different way to make a tuna sandwich. The secret of this tuna sandwich is Italian dressing. It adds a hint of flavor and goes well with any veggies that I would consider putting in tuna.
Take one can tuna (5-6 oz), some chopped up some veggies, 1 tbsp Italian dressing , mix it all together and put half of it on a slice of bread. (Hubby also doesn't like tuna so I had this two days in a row, it kept very well in the fridge for a day)
This particular sandwich had Julienne carrots, diced red bell pepper (left over from the Chicken Fajita Pizza) and green onions. You can be creative with what you put in it. Some other fresh produce you could consider are: celery, onions, green bell pepper. You can also put lettuce on this and it would be great. I didn't have any extra at the time. Top with Feta cheese (you can also use Mozzarella, or Parmesan. Cover with another slice of bread.
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (122)
- ► 2010 (208)
- Tuesday Treats: ChocOat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Meals - August 24-30
- May Be Foodless Friday: Happy Birthday Dennis!
- Banana Muffins
- Feta Chicken
- Tuesday Treats: Oreo Truffles
- Meals - August 17-23
- May Be Foodless Friday: On Camping...
- Tuna Sandwich (no mayo)
- Zucchini Boats or Stuffed Zucchini
- Tuesday Treats: Ooey Gooey Chocolaty Goodness or N...
- Meals - August 10-16
- Foodless Friday: Birds
- Think Thursday: Peanut Butter and Banana Bites
- Lemon-Herb Pork Loin Chops
- Poll Results
- Tuedsay Treats: Lime-Coconut cookies
- Meals - August 3-9, Changes with the new site
- May Be Foodless Friday: Happy Birthday Val!
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Minestrone Soup
- Stuffed Pork Loin
- Meals this past week 7/27-8/2
- ▼ August (24)