Monday, March 21, 2011

Menu: March 14-20

Happy Monday to all! We've had a bunch of favorites this past week. We also had a great reason to celebrate - my son turned 2. It's hard to believe that it's been two years since I was so sleep deprived and figuring out how to be a mommy. It's also hard to believe my 8 lb 13 oz baby is now 32 lbs. We had a great birthday party for him... I made a cake, which I think turned out a LOT better than the cake from last year. This is the second cake I've made with fondant.
My son LOVES Thomas the train. He loved the cake, although I think it was mainly because of the mini engine on it! He started playing with the engine as soon as he got to the table.

Now for the menu:

Monday: Chef Salad

Tuesday: Pancakes & Berry Smoothies

Wednesday: Meatball Sliders (or Mini Meatball Subs)

Thursday: Mac & Cheese

Friday: Sloppy Joes

Saturday: Pizza

Sunday: Omelets

Be sure to vote for the recipe you want to see next week... Canadian Bacon Eggs won last week's poll, so it will be posted here on Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute cake! When my oldest was about that age, he loved Thomas, as well...we still have a couple of huge boxes filled with the wooden rails & trains and one with the plastic-lego version. Ah, memories. Happy bday to your baby...menu sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake is adorable! My oldest son loved Thomas. I kept all of his wooden toys and now my youngest is enjoying them. My youngest just turned 4 - it is going by too fast!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.