Monday, October 19, 2009

Meals - Oct 12 - 18

This last week started out pretty good, we had left over soup on Monday, and it was still really delicious! My Mom believes that soup is always better on the second day, but I could not really tell the difference (other than I didn't have to spend the time making it!). I had just started making dinner on Thursday when we received a call from the rehabilitation center my grandmother was in that she had passed away. Dinner making was dealyed by a few hours, but as cooking is therapeutic I decided to continue making the Pad Thai.

I was able to see my grandmother about 2 weeks before she died (it had been about a year and a half since I had seen her before that) and she was able to see my son (but only though her window since she had an infection that is contagious and not advised to expose infants to.) Due to her funeral on Wednesday, I will be late posting the recipe that you all vote on, I will post it either on Thursday or Friday.

Here's our Menu:

Monday:
Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Tuesday:
Roast with herb oven roasted potatoes and company corn (if voting for this please leave a comment if you want to vote for the potato or corn recipe.)

Wednesday:
French Dip

Thursday:
Pad Thai

Friday:
Pad Thai

Saturday:
Tortilla Soup

Sunday:
Tortilla Soup

Be sure to vote for which recipe you want to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.