Monday, June 25, 2012

PCOS Diet week 4

Week 4 Overview: Had way too many cookies this week... but overall I did pretty well. With this new habit of eating I do feel that there are not enough healthy places to eat where we live... it is mostly fast food which isn't known for it's healthy alternatives! I've started gaining weight again which is nice since I like to know that I'm helping the baby inside me get the nutrition he needs to grow.

Day 22: Made Cocoa Rolo Cookies (and these were tasty little gems - I'll totally be posting that recipe sometime)... and was really tired this afternoon = bad combination! Oh wells... at least they aren't as sugar laden as some! I actually didn't go over my carb limit (well 1 gram but I'm not worried about that!)
Breakfast: Cream of Wheat and string cheese
Lunch: Peanut Butter & Jam sandwich (my own jam - so reduced sugar), green beans, cantaloupe
Snacks: Peach Sorbet, Milk and Cocoa Rolo Cookies
Dinner: Mexican-Style Salad
Total Calories: 2203, Carbs: 251 grams (278 including everything)

Day 23: Had my OB appointment today and we typically go out to lunch afterward. We always give my son his choice as to what he wants. He chose a cheeseburger today...
Breakfast: Chex Cereal and milk
Lunch: Bacon Cheeseburger, a few fries, side salad and a bit of ice-cream
Snacks: Almonds, Cocoa Rolo Cookies, String cheese, yogurt
Dinner: 4 cheese stuffed shells, green beans, peaches (canned in juice)
Total Calories: 2215, Carbs: 246 grams (262 including everything)

Day 24: We went out to eat today again as my son actually stopped whining  and told us what he wanted (yey for him actually using his words!) when we pulled up home after getting my husband for lunch... so we took him out again. He wanted a cheeseburger again and we decided to go somewhere else (there aren't a ton of options in our town) and KFC/A&W was the one that was chosen. I got the snacker and told myself I'd eat a salad when I got home... which I did even though ice-cream was really calling my name!
Breakfast: Banana with Peanut butter, toast with jam, milk and some fruit loops (my son was having them and those pesky pregnancy cravings said I should eat some as well...)
Lunch: KFC Honey BBQ Snacker, some fries
Snacks: Salad, Simply Mango Lemonade, yogurt
Dinner: Steamed artichokes, pineapple and stuffed shells
Total Calories: 1993, Carbs: 239 grams (267 including everything) *Not completely accurate as I had ice-cream as a before bedtime snack...

Day 25: My weight is actually up to where it was when I started my new diet. So I think that eating 2200-2300 calories is where I need to be at. Went way over on my carbs today... Probably because I drank Simply Lemonade with Mango... but it was delicious and calling my name ;).
Breakfast: Chex cereal, milk
Lunch: Mexican-Style salad
Snacks: Peanuts, string cheese, simply lemonade with mango, banana,
Dinner: Spiral sliced ham, carrots, baked potato with butter and salt, simply lemonade with mango, apple and chocolate cheesecake ice-cream
Total Calories: 2263, Carbs: 322 grams (355 including everything)
  
Day 26: Day off from entering stuff in... Ate PB toast and banana for breakfast, at way too many Monster Cookies (My son wanted cookies so we baked some...) Then had a rice kripsie treat when neighbors brought some over.
Chef Salad for dinner and Strawberry Cheesecake ice-cream for dessert...
  
Day 27: I think taking yesterday off helped me decide to get back on track better today. (of course church never helps as it messes up my meal timing, but it actually wasn't too bad today.) Going to my mom's house didn't help as she made cookies... they were delicious (and made with whole wheat flour.)
Breakfast:Toast with jam, Hard boiled egg, banana and milk
Lunch: Crackers, cheese, grapes and baby carrots
Snacks: Almonds and dark chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, Peanut Butter protein bar
Dinner: side salad, Cordon Bleu Casserole with rice
Total Calories: 2460, Carbs: 216 grams (243 including everything)
Day 28: Didn't do so well keeping track through the day... we had dinner with friends at the park (they brought dinner we brought ice-cream) so I'm not sure how many calories I ate for dinner... 
Breakfast: Toast with jam, banana with peanut butter, hard boiled egg, milk and a cookie
Lunch:Ham sandwich, baby carrots and cantaloupe
Snacks: (uh... didn't keep track)
Dinner: watermelon, pasta salad, sandwich, ice-cream
didn't keep track of snacks and dinner...

This is part of my series on PCOS and learning to understand and live with it. *I am not a medical professional, nor do I have a lot of knowledge of PCOS other than what I've read. This is just me, my opinions, how I understand PCOS and how I am dealing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.