Friday, October 23, 2009

Peanut Pad Thai

I had an adventure making Pad Thai this time... I started making it when my mom got a call from the Rehabilitation Center that my grandma was in saying that she had passed away. I drove my mom (and my baby) to my grandfather's so she and her sister could let him know that grandma had died. About 2 hours later I was back in the kitchen making the Pad Thai. We ate it for the next two nights. This post is late because grandmas funeral was Wednesday and we had a full house here until this morning, but I figured you'd all understand.

I started making Pad Thai about 2 years ago by request of Hubby... he'd had it at a Thai place and really wanted me to make it. The problem was I had never had it so I had no idea what it should taste like! I found a recipe and made a Pork Pad Thai. Since then I have made it with chicken and with Peanut Butter. This time I made it with just peanut butter. It turned out great.

Pad Thai

Cook 1/2 lb rice noodles according to package directions, rinse in cold water - set aside.
Meanwhile, saute 2 cups matchstick carrots (I cut my own when I have the time, do not use a julienner as it will not cut them large enough and the carrots will turn to mush.) in 2 Tbsp peanut oil over medium heat.
While carrots are cooking, mix sauce ingredients:
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp ketchup
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp garlic-chili sauce
in a separate bowl, set aside.
Add 3 eggs, scrambled and cooked rice noodles to the carrots.
Pour in sauce ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Turn burner off and add 1-2 cups mung bean sprouts.
Garnish with scallions, chopped dry roasted peanuts (I've used regular but dry roasted peanuts are the best), and cilantro (not pictured as our store was out.)
Enjoy!
Printer Friendly

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I love Pad Thai! Can't wait to try this version.

    Jennifer
    http://livingachangedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.