Thursday, October 21, 2010

Taco Soup

 Fall (and winter for that matter) are seasons that just scream for soup to be made. I think there is just something wonderful about eating a bowl of hot soup on a cool (or cold) night. I find myself making excuses to prepare delicious soups as soon as it starts to turn cool. We've had a warm autumn but I still find the need to make soup! This version of taco soup is really easy and I love how few ingredients actually go into it!


Taco Soup
 First you'll need 1 pound hamburger.
 Brown it in a pan - I used the same pan I made the soup in.
 Next you'll need a can of kidney beans (14.5 oz), a can of corn (14.5 oz) and 1 can crushed tomatoes (29 oz) and 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz). I doubled it here so that's why there are extra cans.
 Add the tomatoes to the hamburger.
 Stir to combine.
 Add the beans and corn. Add taco seasoning to taste (I used 1 -1/2 times the recipe).
 Stir in pan and let simmer for 30 minutes.
 Place in a bowl.
 Add sour cream to taste (Or if you find your sour cream has mold, use whipping cream.)
 Top with cheese. We used taco blend cheese with jalapenos. Yum.
Serve with tortilla chips (these are home made - try it sometime they are delicious!)
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I have a taco soup recipe that is really similar and my husband always calls it taco chili because he thinks it's too thick to be a soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy and totally something I could throw into the crockpot! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.