Saturday, April 17, 2010

Croutons

I think I totally spaced posting the Crouton recipe last week... but I am finally getting to it! Sorry if you were anticipating this one, I've just been kind of spacey lately. It happens sometimes, maybe it is springtime. Spring makes me want to be outside and spending time in the warming weather. It's been getting warm enough here that I don't have to wear a jacket on walks, or make my son wear a jacked on our afternoon walks. It is wonderful! It also makes me want to eat salads. There is just something about warm weather that makes fresh produce so much more enticing. What goes better with a salad than croutons?
Croutons are easy to make and delicious made fresh!

Croutons
In a non stick skillet melt 1/4 cup butter.
While the butter is melting, measure 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese and 1/8 tsp garlic.
Add the cheese and garlic to the butter
Mix until combined.
Toss in bread cubes (I used whole wheat bread - 4 slices cut into 1/2 inch squares.
Toss to coat the butter/cheese/garlic mixture all over the bread.
After 3-5 minutes turn and cook, tossing bread occasionally for 5-8 more minutes.
Use croutons to top your favorite salad.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.