Monday, November 30, 2009

Menu: Nov 23-29

Due to traveling, I did not really cook a meal in the past week. We spent Thanksgiving at Hubby's parents house. We went up on Tuesday and came back on Friday. Then we had Thanksgiving dinner with my family on Saturday (due to my sister being in the hospital, they postponed their meal.) I'm still writing up a list of what we had, but there will be no poll this week. Instead I will leave it open to all of you to decide which recipe from all the meals I have posted before you wish to have posted - just leave a comment with the recipe you would like to see.

I hope you all had a great thanksgiving! Ours was a little hectic as my son took a nose dive out of a high chair and we went to the Emergency Room. Luckily he's fine, he had a swollen upper lip and a cut on his bottom lip from his teeth. If there is one thing that can make you feel horrible, it is having your child in pain. The worst part for him is that he is cutting in about 3 teeth on his upper gums which took the worst beating. He's one tough 8.5 month old and is doing great, in fact his mouth is almost all healed. The night we had the meal with my family was exciting as well! The dinner went great and while my mom was on her way home from taking some to my grandfather, my little sister went into a seizure. She is doing pretty well now. Hopefully Christmas will be a lot less hectic than either of my Thanksgiving meals.  How was your meal (hopefully less hectic than mine)?

So here is what we ate, such as it was:

Monday:  Leftover 'Naked Burritos'

Tuesday: We at with some friends at Cafe Sabor on our way to Hubby's parents. (Cafe Sabor is a great resturant in the town we went to college)

Wednesday: Hubby's mom made fried chicken and asparagus

Thursday: Thanksgiving meal - Turkey, rolls, cranberry sauce, sweet potato/yams, mashed potatoes, gravy, jello with bananas, stuffing, lemon-lime punch and for pies we had: apple, pumpkin, chocolate pudding, oatmeal (plus a pecan pie we ate the night before.)

Friday: We picked up a pizza on our way home.

Saturday: Thanksgiving meal (with my family): Turkey, rolls, stuffing, yams, twice-baked potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy, and apple-raspberry juice.
Pies: pumpkin, coconut creme, chocolate pudding, pecan and apple

Sunday: Leftovers from Saturday.

Which recipe would you like to see that you've voted for in the past. Just leave a comment letting me know how your Thanksgiving meal went and which recipe from all past posts (listed below) you would like to see on Wednesday! In case of a tie, I'll be the tie breaker (probably based on which recipe has the best pictures, cause that's just how I am...) Comments are now closed. Are there really only 2 of you that wanted to vote for these recipes?!?

Here's the list:
Stir Fried Thai Chicken Salad
Quesadillas with Fresh Salsa
Chicken Fajita Pizza
Garlic Sage Roasted Chicken
Shepherd's Pie
Chicken Italian Pasta
Southwestern Chicken Skillet
Fajitas
Macho Nachos
Mini Meat Loaves
Taco Soup
Tortilla Soup
Baked Potato Soup
Tin-Foil Dinners
One-Pan Stovetop Mac & Cheese
Chicken Club Pizza
Taco Salad
Pineapple Salsa

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently in the mood for pizza, so for me it is a debate between chicken fajita pizza and chicken club pizza. I think the chicken fajita wins, that is my vote.
    Thanksgiving was great, I got great food and spent time with family.

    ReplyDelete