Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Menu: Nov 16-22


So this week I made two dishes requested by Hubby. He wanted to have Slow Cooker Black Beans and Beef Carnita. I also made Feta Chicken, which is one of my favorite meals. I will say one thing for the meal I made last night (Naked Burritos) though... Hubby and my dad both went back for seconds! Then my mom asked me to give her the recipes so she can make it for my dad in the future. I don't know what it is, but somehow that makes me feel so happy. Maybe it is because my 'mentor' asked me for the recipe or it is because I was able to introduce a new food to them successfully. Either way I love the feeling! I think part of it was that the pineapple salsa and the beef carnita were a first time success. I also made my own adaptation of the beef carnita, which turned out wonderful.

We did have a frozen pizza one day this week... right after I went on a 1.8 mile walk. Is that something I should feel guilty about? I feel like after a walk like that I should have had a nice salad instead. What do you think?

Here is the menu, although there are only two days that have recipes, there are a few to vote for this week.

Menu:
Monday: Slow Cooker Black Beans

Tuesday: Slow Cooker Black Beans

Wednesday: Feta Chicken

served with a Carrot Apple Bisque


Thursday: Baked Ham (made by my mom)

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: Frozen Pizza

Sunday: "Naked" Burritos

(made with Beef Carnita,


Pineapple Salsa,

Garlic Black beans, and Lemon Garlic Rice)

Let me know which recipe you want to see on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.