Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu - Jan 11-17

This past week I've been experimenting with some ideas I've had and some that I've tweaked from others. Also this week, I've made Couscous for the first time, ever. It is really good, especially when served with bacon... but isn't anything good when served with bacon? (Ok, there are some things which I would not serve with bacon, but I'm not going to get into that here.)

This past week has brought good news about my little sister, she is waking up from her induced coma just fine, and actually laughed at my mom! That made us all happy when we learned that. Today we just heard the good news that they are planning on releasing her tomorrow or Wednesday if she keeps doing as well as she has been! As of today it has been 37 days since she went into the hospital, so we're so excited that she'll be home.

I would also like to encourage you to support Haiti in their crisis that is still ongoing. Select a charity that you would feel good about donating to with the warning to make sure it is legitimate charity. Google has a great page about ways you can help and organizations that you can find here.

Here is the menu we had last week:


Monday - Baked Potatoes with Cheese Sauce


Tuesday - Breakfast Sandwiches

with Orange Romaine Salad
 

Wednesday - Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups


Thursday - Grilled Cheese with Pomegranate Romaine Salad with berry vinaigrette

Friday - Bacon Couscous and cauliflower & cheese


Saturday - Bacon Couscous and cauliflower & cheese


Sunday - Beef Salad with Lime dressing


Be sure to vote for which recipe you want to see on Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. I love Canadian I just hate how it is so expensive. That sandwich looks wonderfully good!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.