Friday, September 25, 2009

May Be Foodless Friday: On Moving

So Hubby and I packed up our apartment and drove for 1300 miles with a 6 month old baby. What a fun trip it was, considering we did it right after our son had his 6 month immunizations and he was cutting his second tooth. It took us four days to get to our destination... I really don't want to have to do the whole moving thing again, but I know it will happen sooner than later. And no, it wasn't really fun...

We are still not settled in, so thing are going to be a bit patchy for the next week or so, possibly a little longer. As I mentioned last week, we're staying with my parents for a while to help out, and we came at a good time to help as my grandmother is in the hospital and we're having issues with her move to a rehabilitation center... My little brother went to the ER yesterday with a fever of 102 (he is getting better, just a little pneumonia). So life is hectic (but who likes a calm life?). I will still post our menu's and post the Wednesday Recipe, but the Tuesday/Thursday and possible Friday posts will be patchy. Our menus may be a little different as we will also be making meals some nights for my grandfather who has special dietary needs.

On a side note, Hubby surprised me by taking me on a date Wednesday night. He took me to see Julie and Julia. I loved that movie, it could have very easily been PG instead of PG-13, if they would have not had the language and cut a few scenes short. It then would have been a great movie for a whole family! I love the focus it had on the relationships that Julie and Julia had with their spouses. I really do love that Hubby supports me so much in all that I do (and has confidence in me when I am unsure of myself), and I really love that he knew that after the stress of the past few weeks I needed a night out. Just a side note, I don't think I'm ever going to try to de-bone a duck!

Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!

1 comment:

  1. Hope everything settles down for you soon. It's no fun moving at all! I can't wait to see that movie.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.