Friday, February 24, 2012

Winter Fun

It finally decided to be winter here (well... it's been winter as far as the cold is concerned, but the snow has been very meager at best!) On Sunday, it snowed pretty much all day (there was a break or two, and it was light snow most of the time, but we got snow!) The next morning it was bright and sunny and there was still snow on the ground. So I bundled my son up and took him out to play in the snow.
He walked straight to the snow...
stuck his hand down into it,
brought up a 'handful' of snow (this snow was very powdery... not great for packing or picking up.)
Then he got up and started walking...
and walking,
towards me!
And yes I was standing on the sidewalk that did not have snow... Pretty close to the door to our house actually, since we'd just come outside.
Coming closer...
When he gets closer he stops and looks at me...
Right in the eye,
Then he smiles, laughs and throws a 'snowball' (which is really a small amount of snow in his fist) right at me! This process repeats many, many times... even while I am shoveling the front walk (the back is where the sun melts, but the front of our house needs shoveled... go figure!)

It's hard to believe this was earlier this week as pretty much all the snow has now melted and it feels like spring is on the way. I am sure it will be a few weeks before I actually feel like leaving without a coat on though!

1 comment:

  1. That is too cute. I had to chuckle about the snow ball because my daughter does the same thing to me outside. lol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.