Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Strawberry and Blackberry Smoothie

This is a great refresher in the summer. I love smoothies and have tried a bunch of recipes (with yogurt, frozen yogurt, sorbet, sherbet, etc.) but I find this basic recipe works with most types of fruit to create a delicious smoothie. The amount of sugar needs to be adjusted with different types of fruit and according to individual preference. Honestly my weakness is using blueberries, it makes the most delicious smoothie ever!

Strawberry and Blackberry Smoothie
We got a bunch of bags of Strawberry and Blackberry frozen mix when they were on sale for $0.98 per bag. I also find that if I freeze strawberries that are too ripe to eat but not rotten that they add great flavor to smoothies.
2-3 Cups Milk*
2-4 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla*
1/4 - 1/3 Cup Wheat Germ, optional
1 pkg (12 oz) Strawberry and Blackberry frozen mix**

Mix milk, sugar, vanilla and wheat germ in blender,
add fruit a few pieces at a time.
Blend until there are no more fruit chunks.
* 1 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream can be used in place of 1 cup milk and the vanilla, you will also want to use less sugar (use about 1 Tbsp sugar). **You can substitute 2-3 cups of any frozen fruit in place of the strawberries/blackberries. Some of the fruits we us a lot are blueberries, strawberries, and peaches. Blueberries are my ultimate favorite though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.